For music lovers you will want to make sure you have your favourite tracks with you before you go on holiday…
Do you want to listen to music or just hear it? Depending on what you’re doing will depend on what you want to listen to.
It may be an anthem you need for a spritely walk or a run on the beach, something a little more meditative for cat stretches at sunrise, and a few carefully-chosen background tunes to enjoy your glass of G&T as the sun sets.
It’s all so personal but we’re here to share so enjoy some of our choices (we are showing our age) – hope they inspire you!
- The Style Council: The Paris Match
- Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
- The Specials: You’re Wondering Now
- Portishead: Only You
- Close to me: The Cure
- Times Like These: Jack Johnson
- She’s only Happy in the Sun: Ben Harper
- The Sea: Morcheeba
Running on the beach:
- Another one Bites the Dust: Queen
- Firestarter: The Prodigy
- Anxiety: Black Eyed Peas
- Take me Out: Franz Ferdinand
- Let’s go Crazy: Prince & the Revolution
- Eye of the Tiger: Survivor
- Two Tribes – Frankie Goes to Hollywood
- Can you Feel It – The Jacksons
- Anything by Buena Vista Social Club
- Cesaria Evora (again, most stuff works)
- Caravan: Duke Ellington
- Move on up: Curtis Mayfield
- Lovely Day: Bill Withers
- The Tide is High: Blondie
- Paradise: Sade
- Golden Brown: The Stranglers
We will get a groovy guest blogger in their 20s to compile the next playlist – promise!