- Spots (free) – the wifi finder for when you can’t get your 3 or 4G to work. This works offline (important!) and will match your location to a database of half a million wifi hotspots.
- Whats App (free) – free text messaging, crucial if you want to send images home while you’re away or if you want to text your friends who are also with you.
- TravelSafe Pro (£0.99) – this app might just save your life, shows details of embassies, police, ambulance, fire for practically every single country you can name.
- Weather Pro (£2.59) – pay the extra for this great app which displays reliable information on local forecasts, long term weather, daylight hours and the rest.
- Viator (free) – enables you to filter and book thousands of guided tours depending on where you are, tells you special offers, child-friendly events and much, much more.
- Tidealist (free) – for the surf dudes out there, use this for the most up to date information on waves, tides and weather conditions for many of the best surf areas.
- Perfect World Clock (free) – will allow you to access the time in thousands of cities around the world. You can also have several clocks as home-screen widgets.
- Onavo (free) – a fabulous way of saving money overseas, limit the amount of data coming into your phone such as picking up emails, posting to Facebook and downloading attachments.
- CBBC (free) – a must-have for any frazzled parent, download a host of programmes before you go away and allow tired children some screen time on long journeys.
- Packing Pro (£1.99) – tell it where you are off to, how long for and who with, it will suggest what you might need to pack – intriguing and unnecessary but made it in at number 10.
Check out our must read articles posted in: Ideas
Health and holidays
Staying fit and healthy on holiday is easy when you know how. We can arrange yoga, walking, diving, swimming and we even have a house with a basketball court! If you want to keep with a training programme, start one or just go for a gentle wander through the olive groves we can help you… Read more »
An Umbrian Easter Escape…
Spring is one of the best seasons to visit Italy. Temperatures warm up, flowers are in bloom, and there are fewer tourists than in the summer.